Our extensive Local History Collection contains a wealth of historical resources with a wide select of books on the history of Bungendore, Braidwood, Queanbeyan and the surrounding region. It is of particular interest to local residents, visitors, historians, descendants of early families, researchers and students.
The collection includes:
- The Queanbeyan Age from 1860
- The Queanbeyan Chronicle from 1976
- The Bungendore Mirror from March 2004 to September 2015
- The Bungendore Bulletin from May 1990 to December 2013
- The Braidwood Dispatch from October 1966 to June 1970
- A general genealogy collection
- A small map collection
- Historic monographs from the old Queanbeyan School of Art
- Early Queanbeyan rates books
- A number of research collections
- The Sheedy Memorial Local History Collection
- The collection of Frederick J McCauley
QPRC also have access to an extensive number of digitised images from the collection of the Queanbeyan District Historical Museum and the Braidwood District Historical Society. To view the image correctly please click on the title, not the thumbnail image. Access the images here.
If you require help with a local history question you can complete the online form below.
Local History Enquiry
Mandatory field(s) marked with *